does WOSHIE do?
The objective of WOSHIE is to spread and promote protection and health in indoor environments. Currently, due to the world-wide alert sparked by Coronavirus or Covid-19, our aim is to spread and promote prevention measures, protection and containment of this virus. This, for the time being, is the only objective of WOSHIE.
In particular, the following actions will be carried out:
- Drafting & updating the “WOSHIE guide” for the protection of buildings from the spread & infection by the virus"
- Technical support for the protection of buildings against the spread & infection by the virus.
- Checking the the building provides an appropriate protection against the spread & infection by the virus
- Sampling and checking that the building is virus-free.
- Issuing the WOSHIE certificate for the building to be protected from the spread & infection by the virus.
- Homologation of appropriate products for protection of buildings against the spread & infection by the virus.
WOSHIE´s proceedings and certification are focused on protecting all kinds of entire buildings against virus infection (office buildings, shopping centers, residential buildings...), interior spaces (offices, supermarkets, commercial premises...) and means of transport (buses, trains, planes...)
At WOSHIE we are aware of the fact that to reach a 100% rate of security against the virus is not possible, or at least is very complicated and expensive.
However, we are also aware of the fact that there are buildings all around the world, regardless of the level of alert in which they find themselves at, that are open and frequented by people living, working or accessing products and services. We can help to assure that these indoor environments can be better protected at an assumable complexity and cost. This is of the outmost importance, not only on and individual level, but also to assure the continuation of the activities that take place there, the services produced or the physical products provided.
This is why we believe that the spreading and promotion of prevention measures of the virus is of the outmost importance, not only on an individual level, but also for the economy as a whole, be that at an organisational, nation-wide, regional or city level. This will help to avoid the saturation of health care systems in these areas.
Specifically, recommendations will be made to individuals as well as to companies, NGOs, public organisations and governments with the view to promote protection of the individual and to avoid infection by Coronavirus/Covid-19. These recommendations are mainly directed towards indoor environments, as this is where most of us spend most of our time and where we are close to other people.